Kitchen catches fire in Baton Rouge home

Kitchen catches fire in Baton Rouge home

POSTED: Monday, July 9, 2012 - 1:15pm

UPDATED: Monday, July 9, 2012 - 1:19pm

A Baton Rouge home caught fire on Sunday afternoon off Cyrus Avenue.

The fire started after 6:30 p.m.

According to authorities, an electrical malfunction happened in the kitchen, starting the fire. The kitchen was destroyed, and the rest of the house had smoke damage.

No one was in the house when the fire started, but they did arrive while firefighters were putting the blaze out. Red Cross is helping the victims of the house fire. 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment