Home destroyed after fire caused by unattended cooking; $110,000 of damage

Home destroyed after fire caused by unattended cooking; $110,000 of damage
Photo provided by MGN Online.

POSTED: Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 1:30pm

UPDATED: Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 1:34pm

A Baton Rouge home was destroyed after a kitchen fire sparked a blaze that caused roughly $110,000 worth of damage.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reports that the fire was reported shortly before 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 17. When firefighters arrived to the home on Ceadar Bend, it was fully engulfed in flames.

Investigators determined that the fire started in the kitchen when the residents left food cooking unattended. The fire spread to the living room and the rear porch before it was brought under control.

The two residents managed to escape unharmed.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment