Hi Nabor re-opens after evening lightning strike caused fire
POSTED: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 - 11:00am
UPDATED: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 - 11:04am
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — A local grocery store is open today after a lightning strike sparked a fire and forced the store to be evacuated last night.
Grocery shoppers had to be evacuated from the Hi Nabor on Drusilla on Monday, Aug. 6 at around 8:00 p.m. During the height of the massive storms that blew through the Capital area, a lightning strike hit the building and set a two alarm blaze.
No one was injured, but the store was evacuated as fire crews from Baton Rouge and St. George Fire Department responded to the scene with ladder and pumper trucks, trying to minimize damage to the outside of the building.
"Firefighters arrived at the scene and found fire in the façade of the building. The interior looks to be okay," Curte Monte, Baton Rouge Fire Department, explained.