Fire displaces nine people in Prairieville
PRAIRIEVILLE, LA (NBC33) — Nine people including five children don't have a place to live tonight after an overnight fire in Prairieville.
It happened on the 1500 block of Roy Rogers Road. Fire officials tell NBC33 News an electrical failure may be to blame.
No one was injured, but the house is a total loss.
The Red Cross is helping the victims with food and clothing. They're also working to find the family a temporary place to call home.
"All this part right here was on fire, and the kids were still in there so her daughter went and got the two kids out of there,” Eureaka Lang, neighbor who witnessed the fire, recalled. “I've never seen nothing that close to me."
The Red Cross says they used stuffed animals at the scene of the fire to help the five children that were inside.