Fire destroys Baton Rouge home

Fire destroys Baton Rouge home

POSTED: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 9:00pm

UPDATED: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 9:54pm

A house on Madras Street caught on fire, destroying the entire home.

At around 3:00 p.m. today, fire officials received the call. It took nearly four hours to put the blaze out.

Investigators believe that the fire started near a vehicle parked under the carport and quickly spread to the attic.

A utility worker was injured while attempting to turn the house’s gas meter off. His injuries are thought to be non-life threatening.

No one living in the house was hurt; however, three pets perished in the fire.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment