Family escapes early morning fire thanks to working smoke detector

POSTED: Thursday, January 5, 2012 - 2:23pm

UPDATED: Thursday, January 5, 2012 - 6:21pm

A family of four can thank a working smoke detector for saving their lives. That after the family home went up in flames early this morning.

It happened just after 3:00 a.m. on the 900 block of Timberside Drive.

Fire investigators with the Baton Rouge Fire Department say it started with a space heater in the bedroom, but it wasn't long before it spread to the living room.

The blaze left behind $80-thousand in damage.

Four people were inside when the fire started. Fire investigators says the working smoke detector let everyone get out safely.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment