Fallen power line sparks blaze at home on Carlotta Street
POSTED: Friday, May 10, 2013 - 6:15pm
UPDATED: Friday, May 10, 2013 - 6:19pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — A fallen power line ignited a fire at a home on Carlotta Street that was being used for storage.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the call at 1:17 p.m. on Friday, May 10. Officials say a tree limb fell on the main line that fed electricity to the home. That caused a surge in power and sparked the blaze.
The fire was contained to the second floor of the building. However, the first floor did sustain water damage.
The owners of the home live in the building next door and were using the building for storage. No one was injured.
The damage caused is estimated to be $40,000.