Electrical fire sets bedroom ablaze

Electrical fire sets bedroom ablaze

POSTED: Friday, March 23, 2012 - 11:02am

UPDATED: Friday, March 23, 2012 - 3:16pm

An electrical fire caused a Baton Rouge house to catch fire early this morning.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department received the call at around 12:30 a.m. on Friday, March 23. When they arrived to the home on Evangeline Street, they found the bedroom of the home engulfed in flames.

The fire was contained to that one room of the home. However, the estimated loss is $20,000. The rest of the home did sustain heavy smoke damage.

There were five people in the home when the fire started. They all escaped unharmed.

Investigators believe the fire was started due to an electrical malfunction.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment