Early morning fire destroys apartment on Jade Street
POSTED: Thursday, February 9, 2012 - 5:09pm
UPDATED: Thursday, February 9, 2012 - 5:43pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — An apartment was gutted by an early morning fire near Jade Street.
Firefighters say it happened around 1:30 a.m. in the Plantation Apartments off of GRSI.
The two people living in the two story apartment were cooking.
Firefighters say they left the pot on the stove unattended and that caused the fire.
It quickly spread throughout the apartment, but no one was injured.