Early morning fire causes minimal damage to local church

Early morning fire causes minimal damage to local church

POSTED: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 10:30am

UPDATED: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 10:34am

 An early morning fire caused by an electrical malfunction caused minimal damage to a local church outreach center. 

The Baton Rouge Fire Department was called to the building on the 2000 block of Birch street at roughly 5:00 a.m. We’re told the fire started in the attic.

Some residents live in an apartment attached to the side of the building, but the fire was extinguished before it could reach the living areas. No one was injured.

Investigators estimate a total of $8,000 in damage.   

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment