Driving tips for the July 4th weekend
Baton Rouge, La (NBC33) —
Before you get out there on the road, here is some advice from the state police to make sure your vehicle is safe:
- Check your car's fluids, tire pressure and tread.
- Test your windshield wipers.
- And don't forget about your passengers.
- Everyone in the front and back seats have to buckle up.
- Make sure your child's car seat is secure.
- It shouldn't wiggle more than an inch on either side.
- The straps and harnesses should be pulled tight.
- If you can pinch it, the strap is too loose.