Satellite Satellite

Child playing with lighter starts blaze at Cedarcrest apartment

Child playing with lighter starts blaze at Cedarcrest apartment

POSTED: Monday, September 3, 2012 - 12:45pm

UPDATED: Monday, September 3, 2012 - 4:10pm

A child playing with a lighter is believed to have sparked a fire that caused $6,000 worth of damage.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reports that the incident occurred shortly before noon on Monday, Sept. 3 at an apartment located on Cedarcrest. When firefighters arrived on scene they found the blaze in the upstairs bedroom.

We’re told they quickly extinguished the fire.

Investigators say a child was playing with a lighter and accidentally started the fire. A Baton Rouge Fire Department Fire Prevention Officer was called to the scene to council the child. We’re told the juvenile will be entered into a fire education program.

No one was hurt.

Click here to view a video with tips on how to talk to your children about fire safety.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment