BRAC introduces IdeaCrossing
POSTED: Friday, January 25, 2013 - 6:00am
UPDATED: Friday, January 25, 2013 - 6:04am
Baton Rouge, La (NBC33) — The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC), together with Louisiana Technology Park and SeNSE, is introducing IdeaCrossing® to the Baton Rouge area. This is a free online tool to help Baton Rouge area startups connect with regional resources and other long-term business opportunities. It can be accessed at www.ideacrossing.org/batonrouge.
“IdeaCrossing is a simple, but robust, entrepreneurial resource that’s completely free to use,” says Adam Knapp, president and CEO of BRAC. “We’re encouraging wide adoption of this useful tool. It’s a great complement to the Baton Rouge area’s efforts to accelerate entrepreneurial development in the region.”
IdeaCrossing is a web-based resource creating connections that build businesses. Users decide which member type fits them best – entrepreneur, investor, service provider, or business mentor. Then, after a brief registration and business profile have been completed, they can immediately begin to participate in the online entrepreneurial community. The resource is available to anyone committed to supporting and promoting entrepreneurship.
“It is vital that early-stage companies find and connect with the right resources at the right time,” says Stephen Loy, executive director of Louisiana Technology Park. “With IdeaCrossing, the region’s support resources and assets can be showcased in a central location, enabling online connections and collaboration to occur when needed.”
Whether an entrepreneur is interested in being matched to new business mentors or potential investors, accessing a regional directory of service providers, or inviting existing advisors to collaborate privately online, this free tool is designed to quickly expand their engagement with the regional entrepreneurial ecosystem.
IdeaCrossing includes valuable features such as:
• a business profile generator that creates a downloadable, presentation-quality document for use in pitching. This formatted and printable profile is automatically updated as an entrepreneur evolves his or her business description online.
• workspaces which are virtual collaboration areas where entrepreneurs can invite trusted advisors and request online feedback, securely share documents, and obtain referrals to others who can help advance their business.
• a proprietary matching engine that matches entrepreneurs with prospective investors and business mentors.
• a searchable service provider directory of regional assets such as universities, economic development organizations, chambers, foundations, and professional service providers.
• a resource center containing a robust set of entrepreneurial support content and resources including member-submitted articles, white papers, news stories, and a geographically-searchable calendar of entrepreneur-related events.
“IdeaCrossing provides another way to make valuable business connections,” says Sean Simone of SeNSE. “Investors can use IdeaCrossing to privately and securely find deal flow specific to their interests while universities, economic development organizations, foundations, professional service providers, and other support services can showcase what they offer in one place, ensuring entrepreneurs can find them.”
Participating is free and easy. Visit www.ideacrossing.org/batonrouge and register to get started.