Blaze engulfs Brookstown Road home, no injuries
POSTED: Monday, August 20, 2012 - 5:00pm
UPDATED: Monday, August 20, 2012 - 5:04pm
Baton Rouge, La (NBc33) — Baton Rouge firefighters say a few lives were saved this weekend, thanks to some quick-thinking neighbors.
A woman on East Brookstown Road escaped a blaze at her home on Friday after someone who lived nearby rushed to help her get out of there!
Firefighters say when they got to the house, the entire place was engulfed in flames. Officials suspect that a hot water heater in the back of the house sparked it.
The house is considered a total loss, but no one was hurt.