Baton Rouge home catches fire while residents sit on front porch

Baton Rouge home catches fire while residents sit on front porch
Photo provided by MGN Online

POSTED: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 1:00pm

UPDATED: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 1:37pm

A malfunctioning dryer seems to be the cause for a fire at a Baton Rouge home last night.

Baton Rouge firefighters got the call around 8:17 p.m. on October 28. They arrived to a home in the 1000 block of N 49th Street.

The two residents of the home told authorities that  they were sitting on the porch when they smelled smoke. They then found that the rear of the house was on fire and called the fire department.

The fire was contained to the rear of the home. The rest of the home received smoke and heat damage. 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment