Bathroom heater to blame for early morning apartment fire

Bathroom heater to blame for early morning apartment fire

POSTED: Monday, February 27, 2012 - 1:30pm

UPDATED: Monday, February 27, 2012 - 1:34pm

A bathroom heater is to blame for an apartment fire that happened early this morning.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the call on Southpointe Road shortly before 7:00 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 27. Officials say heavy smoke was coming from the upstairs apartment when they arrived.

When firefighters entered the home they found the ceiling of the bathroom on fire. They were able to contain the blaze, but damage was done to the attic, bathroom, and the apartment unit located below.

Two people were home when the fire started, but both were able to escape unharmed.

We’re told the estimated damage is around $60,000.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment