Baker family okay after house catches fire overnight

Baker family okay after house catches fire overnight
Sunday, October 7, 2012 - 6:55pm

A Baker family is shaken up, but otherwise fine, after a early morning fire.

The Baker Fire Department says the fire started at 2:15 Sunday morning on Harding St., just south of Baker High School.

They say it started in a shed, then spread to the carport as well as a shed on the next-door neighbor's property..

All seven people inside the home, including five children, were able to get out unhurt.

The family says there is smoke damage inside, but otherwise the house is okay.

One car was destroyed and another was damaged. Investigators put the value of the damage at $100,000.

The fire department has not said what started the fire.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment