Late night blaze causes damages to Highland Rd. restaurant
BATON ROUGE, La. (NBC33) — Firefighters battled a blaze at a restaurant off of Highland Rd. around ten last night.
The building fire was caused by what look to have been a fan motor located in the rear coner of the kitchen, according to fire officials. When firefighters arrived on the scene they found fire coming from the roof in the rear of the building. Gaining access through the front door they were able to extinguish the fire leaving very little fire damage, but the rest of the building did receive a lot of smoke damage.
"Businesses that shared the building did receive some smoke as well," according to the press release. "Firefighters blew the smoke out of each of those businesses if the key holder was there to allow them to gain access."
There was a total of about 60,000 dollars worth of damages caused from the fire.