House catches fire on Iriquois Street

House catches fire on Iriquois Street
News

POSTED: Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 3:29pm

UPDATED: Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 4:55pm

BATON ROUGE, La (NBC33) -- A local family escaped a house fire that took place in the wee hours of the morning on Feb.26.

Baton Rouge Firefighters received a call at 4:30 a.m. in response to a fire on Iriqouis Street.

They determined that a space heater was placed near a wall and curtains that were haging from a nearby window.  The curtains caught fire and started the blaze.

Firefighters were able to control the fire, containing it to one wall in the living room.

No one in the house was harmed.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment