EBR Head Start holding Recruitment Fun Day on Saturday, April 6
POSTED: Friday, April 5, 2013 - 6:00am
UPDATED: Friday, April 5, 2013 - 6:04am
Baton Rouge, La — Mayor-President Melvin “Kip” Holden announces that the East Baton Rouge Head Start Program is currently accepting applications for the 2013-14 school year. Children who were born on or before Sept. 10, 2010 are eligible.
On Saturday, April 6, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., seven Head Start Centers will host Recruitment Fun Day when parents can tour the facilities, ask questions, and submit applications for their children to participate in the Early Head Start and Head Start programs.
Head Start offers services for all children, including many of those with special needs.
Recruitment Fun Day will be held on Saturday April 6 at the following centers:
• Progress Road Head Start Center, 1881 Progress Road.
• Children’s World Early Head Start Center (located inside Glen Oaks Baptist Church), 7200 Maplewood Drive.
• Creative Head Start Center (located inside Mt. Olive Baptist Church), 3165 Victoria Drive.
• Charlie Thomas Head Start Center, 8686 Pecan Tree Drive.
• Freeman Matthews Head Start Center, 1383 Napoleon Street.
• LaBelle Aire Head Start Center, 1919 North Cristy Drive.
• New Horizon Head Start Center, 1111 North 28th Street.
For additional information about the programs and documents that are required for enrollment, call the City-Parish Department of Human Development and Services Head Start Administrative office at (225) 358-4504.