Satellite Satellite

Fire on Bay street leaves one man dead, other in hospital

Fire on Bay street leaves one man dead, other in hospital
Image provided by staff
News

POSTED: Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 1:02pm

UPDATED: Monday, July 21, 2014 - 9:33am

An 87-year-old woman is in serious but stable condition after a house fire last night on bay street. Helen Paxton's husband, Steve Paxton wasn't able to make it out of the fire alive, and was pronounced dead on scene. The fire started after an electrical malfunction near the air conditioning unit. Steve was 90 years-old and had been married to helen for more than 50 years. the couple lived in the bay street community for 40 years. The Paxton's neighbor, who first detected the fire and called 911, was visibly shaken by the tragedy.

"The Paxton's the Prices and myself, we've been here the longest out of all the people who have been here now. Now over 30 years, so we were like family," the neighbor said.

 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment