Man arrested after Houma hit-and-run crash

Man arrested after Houma hit-and-run crash
Photo provided by MGN Online

POSTED: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 - 12:30pm

UPDATED: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 - 12:34pm

A man has been arrested in conjunction with a late-August hit-and-run crash.

On Friday August 30 at around 11:45 p.m., the Houma Police Dept. were dispatched to the 100 block of Howard Ave. to a traffic crash involving a motorcycle.

The driver of the motorcycle appeared to be severely injured; he was identified as Glynn Mangum, 33, of Houma. The other vehicle involved in the accident fled the scene of the crash. 

Several witnesses to the crash stated that Mangum was travelling north on Howard Ave. at a high rate of speed when it struck a blue Ford Expedition that was backing into a private parking lot off of Howard Ave. on the driver’s side and the Expedition fled the scene.

Mangum was transported to Terrebonne General Medical Center with severe injuries by Acadian Ambulance. Officers gathered information on a possible driver and owner of the vehicle, during the course of questioning witnesses officers developed a suspect and checked the area of Senator Circle, where the 1999 Ford Expedition involved in the crash was located abandoned outside of a residence with extreme driver’s side damage consistent with what would have been caused in the crash.

Officers spoke with the registered owner of the vehicle, who confirmed the driver of the vehicle at that time to be Brian Keith Ross, 35.

Houma police made contact with Ross by phone and convinced him to come to the police department.

At approx. 3:00 a.m. on August 31, Ross arrived and admitted to driving the vehicle involved in the crash,s aying that he panicked and left the scene. He was given and breathalyzer test and had no evidence of alcohol or drug use. Ross had severe injuries to his face and head and was transported to LCMC for treatment.

Ross will be charged with Felony Hit and Run, Improper Backing, and No Driver’s License regarding the crash.

Glynn Mangum was being transported to another facility with serious life threatening injuries and in critical condition, at the time of the posting. Blood tests required in this crash are pending, and speed was a factor in this crash. The investigation is continuing.  

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment