LSU Police investigating incident, emphasize safety
BATON ROUGE, LA — On Tuesday, Aug. 21, LSU Police received a report from a female student who advised that at about 10:05 a.m., she had been approached by a subject in Patrick Taylor Hall. The suspect claimed to be art student and requested to take pictures of the victim, which she agreed. The suspect then requested specific poses, which the victim felt were inappropriate and refused. The suspect then demanded other poses and at one point the victim was pushed by the suspect. The victim was able to get away from the area and contacted LSUPD.
The subject was described as a white male, approximately 5’7”, slim build, short dark brown hair, 18-22 years old, wearing khaki shorts and a white t-shirt with red writing. The investigation of this incident is ongoing. If anyone was a witness to this incident, was approached by this suspect or has knowledge of the identity of the suspect, they are encouraged to contact LSU Police at 225-578-3231.
LSUPD also wants to remind members of the LSU Community to:
- Always be aware and alert of their surroundings
- Be aware and use caution whenever approached by strangers
- Look out for the safety of others in the LSU community
- Always report crimes to police ASAP
- Always report suspicious persons or activity ASAP
Suspicious behavior or circumstances can include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Someone tampering with property
- Strangers loitering or entering rooms, offices or labs with no apparent legitimate cause
- Strange vehicles parked in your area
- Any behavior that is out of character on a college campus