Family escapes apartment fire

Family escapes apartment fire
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 11:09am

A family of three escapes an early morning apartment fire Tuesday on Jade Street. St. George fire investigators say the fire was set intentionally.

Someone started the blaze at the front door by lighting a trash pile.

That woke up the family inside. The father threw a pot of water on the blaze before running out of the apartment with his wife and two year old child.

He was too afraid to talk to us on camera, but off camera he told us he doesn't know who would want to hurt him or his family.

Investigators are working the case right now. They say the fire caused about $1,000 in damages. No other apartments were affected.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment