EBRSO busts tattoo parlor owner for selling heroin, find almost $60K cash
POSTED: Friday, August 1, 2014 - 1:40pm
UPDATED: Friday, August 1, 2014 - 2:00pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — A Baton Rouge man is in jail after selling heroin to an undercover officer.
Deputies arrested Rodney Jermaine Johnson, 37, on July 31, 2014 after finding a large amount of crystal meth (98.3 grams), marijuana (4.1 grams), heroin (5 grams), oxycodone, a digital scale and a pistol inside his tattoo business, at 1515 Harding Blvd.
Sheriff’s spokesperson Casey Hicks says detectives also found almost $60,000 cash in Johnson’s two cars and more oxycodone and digital scales in his home.
Johnson was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison and charged with:
- Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule II (Oxycodone)
- Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule II (Methamphetamine)
- Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule I (Heroin)
- Distribution of Schedule I (Heroin)
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of a Firearm with a Controlled Dangerous Substance
Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon