Downtown nightclub raid results in 29 arrests, business cited
POSTED: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 2:06pm
UPDATED: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 11:30am
BATON ROUGE, LA — A nightclub in downtown Baton Rouge is in hot water today after a raid last night resulted in the arrest of six adults and 23 people who were underage. The charges range from illegal firearms, to possession of marijuana, and even resisting arrest.
Baton Rouge Police worked in conjunction with the State Fire Marshall, State ATC, and the Homeland Security Investigations to conduct an investigation last night, Friday, July 20, which led to multiple arrests at Club Theory, 602 Main Street. Police and assisting agencies raided this business and arrested a total of 29 individuals.
Six adults were arrest:
- Christopher Wyatt, 27, charged with Possession of Marijuana
- Delvin Cage, 23, charged with Entry or remaining after being forbidden, resisting an officer
- Dewayne Bazille, 24, charged with Interfering with an officer
- Michael Paul, 27, charged with Possession of a firearm in an alcohol establishment
- Darryl Smith, 20, charged with Possession of marijuana
- Joe Burton, 21, charged with resisting an officer, Simple Battery on an officer
Police arrested 23 underage individuals who were charged and released to their relatives. Police also found suspected illegal drugs which will be tagged and destroyed and 3 handguns inside of the club.
The club was cited by the State Fire Marshall for various violations and by the State ATC for having underage individuals.