Arson causes morning apartment fire

Arson causes morning apartment fire
MGN Online
CrimeTracker
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 9:22am

Firefighters have extinguished an apartment fire, which they believe was caused by arson.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the fire started in the Howell Place Apartments, around 7:20 a.m. on February 25, in the 4100 block of 72nd Avenue.

Officials say crews arrived on scene at 7:25 a.m., and found a couch engulfed in flames.

Firefighters had extinguished the fire within 10 minutes, but suffered heavy smoke and the heat caused $60,000 in damages to the apartment unit.

Investigators say they have determined the fire to be a case of arson.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department did not give further details but said the incident is still under investigation.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment