Armed BR man staggers around Tractor Supply store, arrested on 7 charges
POSTED: Monday, December 9, 2013 - 12:03pm
UPDATED: Monday, December 9, 2013 - 12:09pm
HAMMOND, La (NBC33) — On Saturday, Dec. 7, police responded to the Hammond Tractor Supply Store in reference to a suspicious vehicle and an unknown man with a firearm.
According to the Tangipahoa Sheriff’s Office, when officers arrived, they located Ezra Shannon, 20, of Baton Rouge, staggering down an isle of the store.
Deputies identified themselves and told Shannon to stop and remove his hands from his pockets.
Shannon refused to do so and became extremely combative with the cops.
After a brief struggle, police detained Shannon and found a loaded handgun and marijuana in his possession.
Shannon was charged with the following:
- Possession of firearm by convicted felon
- Illegal concealment of a firearm
- Illegal carrying of a firearm while in possession of a controlled dangerous substance
- Aggravated assault with a firearm on a police officer
- Disturbing the peace by public intoxication
- Possession of marijuana
- Resisting an officer by force of violence