2 children at felon's home when APSO finds $4,500 worth of drugs
POSTED: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 - 2:44pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 - 2:51pm
DONALDSONVILLE, LA (NBC33) — A Donaldsonville man is now in jail on multiple drug charges.
Two children were at a home in the 3200 block of W. Highway 18 when Deputies arrested convicted felon Gregory Sharat, 33.
Investigators discover a handgun, pills, marijuana, and a large quantity of cocaine, during a warranted search, on the night of August 5, 2014.
Sheriff’s spokesperson Chief Tony Bacala says the drugs found are worth about $4,500.
Bacala says Sharat has prior drug offenses and was also wanted for failing to show up to a court date.
Gregory Sharat was booked into the Ascension Parish Jail on the following charges:
- 5 counts of failure to appear in court
- 4 counts of distribution of cocaine,
- possession with intent to distribute cocaine,
- possession with intent to distribute hydrocodone,
- illegal carrying of weapons,
- possession of a firearm by convicted felon,
- possession of marijuana,
- possession of drug paraphernalia,
- possession of a legend drug,
- possession of CDS in presence of a minor.
His bond has not been set.