Shreveport fireman saves puppy from burning house

Shreveport fireman saves puppy from burning house
Photo provided by KMSS.
All About Animals

POSTED: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 8:30pm

UPDATED: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 8:34pm

Around 4:20 on Wednesday, Aug. 28, the Shreveport Fire Department was called to the 900 block of Dalzell Street where a house had caught on fire.

Fire officials were able to quickly put out the fire, but weren't as lucky finding the resident's small dog... until they went back in for a second look.

Then, they found the dog hiding under a bed and quickly brought the dog's guardian in to coax it out. Once the dog was safely outside, the firemen gave it oxygen.

Nobody was injured in the fire. An initial investigation shows that the fire started on the patio, where one of the residents said he had recently been smoking.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment