10 kids without home after late morning fire

10 kids without home after late morning fire
Red Cross assisting a child left without a home after an apartment fire. Photo provided by the Red Cross
News
Thursday, January 6, 2011 - 7:15pm

BATON ROUGE, La (NBC33) – The American Red Cross is helping ten kids and two adults tonight after a fire tore through their apartment complex late this morning.

An unattended candle is listed as the cause of the blaze. It only took ten minutes to get the fire under control, but by then, it was too late.

We’re told the fire left lots of damage in a downstairs unit. Fortunately, only one person had minor injuries.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment