Home Depot has tips to Safely Decorate
BATON ROUGE, La (WVLA)
November 26, 2010
Decorating experts at Home Depot suggested fun and safety whenever putting up Christmas decorations.
Friday afternoon had lots of people coming and going for Black Friday deals.
But many shoppers were also looking for decorations.
Professionals remind everyone that all the tinsel and lights and flammable materials can be dangerous.
Veteran decorators have some basic tips that can keep you safe while preparing for the holiday season.
1. Use a fiberglass ladder.
2. Make sure the height of the ladder matches the height of your roof.
3. Make sure to wear shoes with grip on the bottom.
4. Wrap up all outside electrical connections with electrical tape.
5. Make sure someone knows you're woking outside.
6. Turn off fuses to connections when installing christmas lights.