Can you legally use fireworks in your area?
POSTED: Monday, December 31, 2012 - 4:23pm
UPDATED: Monday, December 31, 2012 - 5:11pm
Louisiana (NBC33) — Here is a list of where fireworks are legal to shoot within the NBC33 viewing area:
- East Baton Rouge Parish
- Denham Springs
- City of Lafayette
- New Roads
- Port Allen
- Rural West Baton Rouge Parish
- St. Mary Parish
FIREWORKS LEGAL, WITH RESTRICTIONS:
- Addis: no projectile fireworks.
- Carencro: Residents allowed to pop fireworks in their yards, but not on public streets.
- Donaldsonville, only in public parks with a permit issued by the fire chief.
- Iberia Parish: Fireworks allowed, except in New Iberia
- Rural St. James Parish: On private property with permission of the landowner, and, if used, must be contained within the boundaries of that property.
- Tangipahoa Parish: Legal, except for Hammond
FIREWORKS LEGAL, NO RESTRICTIONS:
- Rural Ascension Parish
- Rural Assumption Parish
- Rural East Feliciana Parish, and Jackson and Clinton
- Rural Iberville Parish
- Rural Livingston Parish, and Albany, Livingston and Walker
- Rural Pointe Coupee Parish
- Rural East and West Feliciana Parish
- St. Helena Parish
- St. Martin Parish