Satellite Satellite

Fireplace malfunction causes blaze

Fireplace malfunction causes blaze

POSTED: Sunday, November 7, 2010 - 8:57pm

UPDATED: Sunday, November 7, 2010 - 8:58pm

BATON ROUGE, LA (WVLA) Firefighters say a malfunction in a fireplace caused a fire at a home near Plank Road Saturday night. They say a passer by alerted the family inside the home at 3550 Clayton Avenue of smoke coming from the roof of the house. When firefighters arrived at the scene they discovered the roof was on fire. The firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the house. The Red Cross assisted residents who were inside the home at the time of the blaze. No injuries were reported

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment